A Puritan's Mind...Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me...(John 5:39).
Since 1998 A Puritan’s Mind has been the largest Puritan and Reformed Christian website on the internet. It exists to offer free resources on Reformed and Puritan literature for the Christian’s spiritual growth in Christ to the glory of God.
Videos for New Books at Puritan Publications.
APM is a member of the
Sign up for our newsletter for all updates, changes, new books and articles.
New Articles and Books:
- Almost a Christian by Matthew Mead
- The Art of Divine Meditation by Edmund Calamy (1600-1666)
- The Nature and Method of Secret Prayer by Samuel Lee (1625-1691)
- The Poor Doubting Christian Drawn to Christ by Thomas Hooker
- Check out the 5 Marks Series of Books
- Godly Meditation Article by C. Matthew McMahon
- Samuel Lee (1625-1691) Biography
- 24 Directions to Profitable Bible Reading
- God’s Unspeakable Love by Thomas Manton
- The Nature, Danger and Cure of Temptation by Richard Capel (1686-1586)
- Assurance and the Believer, Article and MP3 by C. Matthew McMahon
- Biography of Richard Capel (1586-1656)
- Biography of Stephen Egerton (1555-1621)
- 5 Marks of a Biblical Church
- Seeing Christ Clearly – by C. Matthew McMahon – How Clearly do you see the Son of Man in Scripture?
- The Call to Worship and Benediction in the Corporate Worship Service as it Relates to the Regulative Principle – by C. Matthew McMahon
- The Great Danger of Covenant Refusing and Covenant Breaking by Edmund Calamy
- See Jonathan Edwards’ Unpublished Sermons on Worship
- John Wilson (1588-1667) on the Simplicity of Holy Worship
Free Online Book:
This work is an execellent help to gaining true contentment.
The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs
Featured Series of Articles:
Temptation is something every Christian deals with throughout their entire walk. This is an excellent work by Thomas Man on the subject looking at temptation from the perspective of Christ’s temptation in the wilderness with the devil.
The Reformed Apprentice
Don’t forget about the Reformed Apprentice Workbooks Series. This one-of-a-kind workbook teaches the student of theology about Reformed Theology (volume 1), hermeneutics and Scripture (volume 2), and the doctrine of God (volume 3). We just released Volume 4 on Private Devotions!
There is nothing like this interactive workbook anywhere in the Christian community. It is a unique workbook designed to bring Reformed Theology to students of the bible in its various facets.
In old England, an apprentice is a novice who engaged in a covenant with a tradesman to learn a particular trade. A workbook of this kind was created to engage the student of scripture to be apprenticed under the teachers of Reformed Theology, thus, a Reformed Apprentice.
This volume has never been published since the time Love’s executors distributed it in 1653. To have this particular volume in print is the very last of Christopher Love’s available works for publication.
This volume is the original 1647 version of the Westminster Confession of Faith, and its subordinate documents, with all scripture proofs.
In this masterful treatise on temptation, Capel explains that God’s honor is on the line, and what will Christians do to uphold his honor amidst those temptations? Will they give in easily, or do they know how to fight?