A Puritan's Mind...Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me...(John 5:39).
New Articles and Books:
- John Wilson (1588-1667) on the Simplicity of Holy Worship
- John Owen and Edward Hutchins on Worship and Psalmody
- A Christian’s True Spiritual Worship to Jesus Christ – by Stephen Charnock (1628-1680)
- True Worship and the Consequences of Idolatry – by John Knox (1505-1572)
- A Modern Version of Gospel Worship by Jeremiah Burroughs
- Do you worship God acceptably at home and at church?
- Does your church worship according to God’s rules?
- Online Prayer Outline for Personal Devotions – by C. Matthew McMahon
- How does sin affect your soul? See what John Dod (1549-1645) says.
- Biography of Thomas Tuke (d. 1657)
- True and False Religion by Bernardinus De Moor (1709-1780)
- Covenant Theology Section Updated. Check out these online works…
- A Chart on the Attributes of God Online – McMahon
- Do you have on the Armor of God? Check out this new work by Paul Bayne (1573-1617)
- Reformed Liturgical Services and the Puritan Order of Worship
- The Form of Prayers and Ministration of the Sacraments, John Calvin – by John Knox
- Calvin’s Genevan Liturgy at Strassborg
- Do you meditate on the word every day?
- Did you know God has Rules for Walking with him?
- The 1560 Geneva Bible
The Reformed Apprentice
Don’t forget about the Reformed Apprentice Workbooks Series. This one-of-a-kind workbook teaches the student of theology about Reformed Theology (volume 1), hermeneutics and Scripture (volume 2), and the doctrine of God (volume 3). We just released Volume 4 on Private Devotions!
Free Online Book:
This work was published upon the death of Dr. Thomas Goodwin, Westminster Divine. It was not long, but it is quite helpful to the soul.
Consider these comparisons of Calvin’s Genevan Order of Worship, John Knox’s Order of Worship and the Directory of Public Worship by the Westminster Puritans.