A Puritan's Mind...Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me...(John 5:39).
Since 1998 A Puritan’s Mind has been the largest Puritan and Reformed Christian website on the internet. It exists to offer free resources on Reformed and Puritan literature for the Christian’s spiritual growth in Christ to the glory of God.
New Articles and Books:
- Predestination by Christopher Love
- Check out the new articles on Covenant Theology HERE
- New Articles on the Doctrines of Grace HERE
- See Jonathan Edwards’ Unpublished Sermons on Worship
- John Wilson (1588-1667) on the Simplicity of Holy Worship
- John Owen and Edward Hutchins on Worship and Psalmody
- A Christian’s True Spiritual Worship to Jesus Christ – by Stephen Charnock (1628-1680)
- True Worship and the Consequences of Idolatry – by John Knox (1505-1572)
- A Modern Version of Gospel Worship by Jeremiah Burroughs
- Do you worship God acceptably at home and at church?
- Does your church worship according to God’s rules?
- Online Prayer Outline for Personal Devotions – by C. Matthew McMahon
- How does sin affect your soul? See what John Dod (1549-1645) says.
- Biography of Thomas Tuke (d. 1657)
- True and False Religion by Bernardinus De Moor (1709-1780)
- Covenant Theology Section Updated. Check out these online works…
- A Chart on the Attributes of God Online – McMahon
- Do you have on the Armor of God? Check out this new work by Paul Bayne (1573-1617)
- Reformed Liturgical Services and the Puritan Order of Worship
- The 1560 Geneva Bible
The Reformed Apprentice
Don’t forget about the Reformed Apprentice Workbooks Series. This one-of-a-kind workbook teaches the student of theology about Reformed Theology (volume 1), hermeneutics and Scripture (volume 2), and the doctrine of God (volume 3). We just released Volume 4 on Private Devotions!
Free Online Book:
This work was published upon the death of Dr. Thomas Goodwin, Westminster Divine. It was not long, but it is quite helpful to the soul.
Consider these comparisons of Calvin’s Genevan Order of Worship, John Knox’s Order of Worship and the Directory of Public Worship by the Westminster Puritans.
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with all the updates, changes and new books and articles we publish each month.