A Puritan's Mind"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me," (John 5:39).
Since 1998 A Puritan’s Mind has been the largest Puritan and Reformed Christian website on the internet. It exists to offer free resources on Reformed and Puritan literature for the Christian’s spiritual growth in Christ to the glory of God.
New Articles and Books:
- Check out the Reformed Apprentice Workbook Volume 4 on Private Devotions!
- New Videos on Pastoral Theology and the Ministry here!
- The Worthy Chruchman, or Faithful Minister, by John Jackson (1600-1648)
- Heaven’s Glory, by Christopher Love (1618-1651)
- The Necessity, Dignity and Duty of Gospel Ministers, by Thomas Hodges (1600-1648)
- The Calling of the Ministry by William Perkins (1558-1602)
- Christ’s Ascension and Second Coming from Heaven by Christopher Love (1618-1651)
- The Pastoral Theology and Expository Preaching Section has been Updated!
- Falling into Sin, the Plight of a Defective Minister Considering Psalm 50:16-17 by Origen
- The Economy of the Covenants Between God and Man by Herman Witsius, Now Online
- The Two Wills of God Made Easy by C. Matthew McMahon
The Reformed Apprentice
Don’t forget about the Reformed Apprentice Workbooks Series. This one-of-a-kind workbook teaches the student of theology about Reformed Theology (volume 1), hermeneutics and Scripture (volume 2), and the doctrine of God (volume 3). We just released Volume 4 on Private Devotions!
Free Online Book:
The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment – by Jeremiah Burroughs (1599-1646).
One of the best books Burroughs ever wrote. A classic of Christian truth and help on biblical contentment.
Evaluation of “The Best Method of Preaching by Peter van Mastricht” – by C. Matthew McMahon
This article is a helpful summary of van Mastricht’s phenomenal work on preaching. It is a puritan masterpiece on what preachers ought to know on how to preach the word as a herald of God.
This volume is the original 1647 version of the Westminster Confession of Faith, and its subordinate documents.
This book takes Covenant Theology and MAKES IT EASY. Really? YES!
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with all the updates, changes and new books and articles we publish each month.