Sermons and Teachings by C. Matthew McMahonExpository Preaching and Teaching MP3s
Today, many Christians are turning back to the puritans to, “walk in the old paths,” of God’s word, and to continue to proclaim old truth that glorifies Jesus Christ. There is no new theology. In our electronic age, more and more people are looking to add electronic books (ePubs, mobi and PDF formats) to their library – books from the Reformers and Puritans – in order to become a “digital puritan” themselves. Take a moment to visit Puritan Publications (click the banner below) to find the biggest selection of rare puritan works updated in modern English in both print form and in multiple electronic forms. There are new books published every month. All proceeds go to support A Puritan’s Mind.
This section of the site will hold current teachings and expository sermons as they become available.
Current sermons and teachings will be posted below. Teachings from the last decade or before are found here at sermon audio.
Check here for the Wild Boar News Podcast.
Expository Sermons by Rev. C. Matthew McMahon, Ph.D., Th.D.
Sin and the Christian (2019 Series)
Just as if I’d Never Sinned, by C. Matthew McMahon (January 20, 2019) (Inclement Weather Audio Lecture on Justification)
All Sin Committed Against God is Great Evil, Genesis 39:9-12, (January 27, 2019).
Sin is Great Wickedness in Opposition to the Holy Character of God, Genesis 39:9b (February 3, 2019)
The Unreasonableness of Sinning Against God, Genesis 39:9b (February 10, 2019)
Assurance and Perseverance in Salvation (Inclement Weather MP3), (February 17, 2019)
A Brief Exhortation and Reminder on the Office of Christ’s Elders (Inclement Weather MP3) (February 24, 2019)
The Redeemed Sinner Always Lives Before the Face of God, Genesis 39:9b (March 3, 2019)
The Constant Assault of Temptation to Sin, Genesis 39:9b (March 17, 2019)
The Christian’s Duty to Fight Against Sin Daily, Genesis 39:9b (March 24, 2019)
The Pardoned Soul Hates all Sin as Sin, Genesis 39:9b (March 31, 2019)
The Pardoned Soul and the Holy Fear of God, Part 1, Genesis 39:9b, (April 7, 2019)
Inclement Weather – No Service (April 14, 2019)
The Fear of God is a Sound Remedy for All Temptations, Part 2, Genesis 39:9b (April 21, 2019)
The Fear of Offending God is Greater in Saints than to Commit the Least Sin, Part 3, Genesis 39:9b (May 5, 2019)
Love to God is a Great Remedy Against All Temptation, Genesis 39:9b (May 12, 2019)
Usefulness in the Kingdom Depends on God’s Presence and Blessing, Genesis 39:9b (May 19, 2019)
Primers on the Christian Walk
The Saint’s Necessity to Contend for the Faith, Jude 1:3, (April 15, 2018).
The Christian’s Resolve to Do Great Works for God, Neh. 6:1-4, (April 22, 2018)
Remember Lot’s Wife, Luke 17:20-37, (April 29, 2018)
Christ’s Expectation of Praise and Glory from the Faithful, Luke 17:11-19, (May 6, 2018)
Growing Weary in Well Doing, Galatians 6:6-10, (May 13, 2018)
Faithfulness: Living Carelessly Before the Means of Grace, Jeremiah 7:1-4, (May 20, 2018).
The Christian’s Swoon for Christ in His House of Love and Feasting, Song of Songs 2:4-5 (May 27, 2018).
The Christian’s Duty of Daily Bible Reading and Study for Spiritual Profit, Acts 17:11 (June 3, 2018).
The Christian’s Duty of Daily Divine Meditation, Psalm 1:1-3, (June 10, 2018).
The Christian’s Duty of Daily Prayer: Behold, He Prays, Acts 9:1-11 (June 17, 2018)
The Christian’s Duty of Fasting, Cultivating a Hunger for God, Matthew 6:16-18 and Acts 9:1-11 (June 24, 2018)
The Duty of Catechizing in the Church and at Home, Proverbs 22:6 (July 1, 2018)
A General Exhortation to Family Worship and the Family Altar, Genesis 18:16-22, (July 8, 2018)
The Five Marks of a Biblical Church, 1 Timothy 3:14-16, (July 15, 2018)
Gospel Love, John 13:31-35 and 1 Peter 4:8, (July 22, 2018)
Gospel Interest, 2 Cor. 6:12-13, (July 29, 2018)
Gospel Consolation, 2 Cor. 1:3-7, 7:6, (August 5, 2018)
Gospel Encouragement, Hebrew 3:1-15, (August 12, 2018)
Gospel Fellowship, 1 John 1:1-10 and Acts 2:42, (August 19, 2018)
Tithing – The Natural Response to God’s Mercy in Dying to the World, Genesis 14:20, (August 26, 2018)
The Necessity and Duty of the Public Prayer Meeting, 1 Thess. 5:17 and 1 Tim 2:1-8ff (Sept 9, 2018)
Spiritual Growth in the Pursuit of Holiness, 1 Peter 2:1-3 (Sept. 23, 2018)
The Worship of Redeemed Sinners to God’s Anointed, Hebrews 1:6 (Sept. 30, 2018)
The Praise of Corporate Worship is a Snapshot of Eternity, Psalm 96:1 (October 7, 2018)
Gospel Unity Founded on Christ, the Living Stone, 1 Peter 2:4-7 (October 14, 2018).
The Christian Obligation of Covenanted Church Membership, Acts 20:28 (October 21, 2018)
Partial Reformation is a Full Offense to God, Hosea 7:8 (October 28, 2018)
Guarding the Heart with All Diligence, Proverbs 4:23 (November 4, 2018)
God’s Decrees are Immutably Set, Zech. 6:1-15 (November 11, 2018)
Christ is the Great Exegete of the Father, John 1:18 (November 18, 2018)
Provoking Sins Anger the Almighty God, 2 Chron. 33:1-23 focus on 1-7a (November 25, 2018)
Sinning Against the Knowledge of God is Sinning Against God’s Mercy, 2 Chron. 33:1-23, v. 7-10 (December 2, 2018)
Can You Really Tell a Tree by Its Fruit? An Exhortation from Matthew 7, (December 9, 2018)
Humiliation Precedes Conversion, 2 Chron. 33:11-13, (December 16, 2018)
Up and Doing: Good Intentions and the Consequences of Sin, 2 Chron. 33:1-23 14-23 (December 23, 2018)
The Fruit of Submission to God, Job 34:31-32 (December 30, 2018)
Reformation is Useless without the Work of the Spirit of God Rom. 8:8, 14 (January 6, 2019)
Behold, He Comes a Leaping! Song of Songs 2:8-9 (January 13, 2019)
The Nature of Radical, Biblical Reformation Through the Word of God, 2 Kings 22:1-23:25, (October 22, 2017)
Heaven, the Christian’s Better Portion, Hebrews 10:34, (December 17, 2017)
A Tour of the Terrors of the Damned in Hell, Luke 12:1-5 (December 24, 2017)
The Christian’s Resolve to Redeem Time, Eph. 5:15-16 (December 31, 2017)
Funeral Sermon, for Rev. Allan Wagner, 1 Cor. 15:20-23, (January 10, 2018)
SEEING CHRIST CLEARLY, 11 Part Sermon Series
- THE PERSON OF CHRIST – Face to Face with Christ, the Son of Man who Comes Down from Heaven, John 2:23-3:21; focused on v. 3:13. (May 28, 2017)
- THE MESSAGE OF CHRIST – Being Born Again by the Spirit is Necessary to Enter the Kingdom of God in this Life and the Life to Come, John 2:23-3:21; focused on vv. 3:1-10. (June 11, 2017)
- THE MISSION OF CHRIST – The Mission of the Son of Man is Clearly Seen in His Condescension to Save, John 2:23-3:21, focused on v. 3:14. (June 18, 2017)
- THE HOLINESS OF CHRIST – Incessant Praise of a Holy God, Christ the Enthroned Holy King, Isaiah 6:1-4. (June 25, 2017)
- THE MERCY OF CHRIST – The Mercy of the Master, and the Parable of the Unjust Steward, Luke 16:1-8. (July 2, 2017)
- THE JUDGMENT OF CHRIST – God’s Vengeance Hanging Over the Heads of Hypocrites, Christ’s Cursing of the Fig Tree, Matthew 21:12-19, focused on vv. 18-19. (July 23, 2017)
- THE BLOOD OF CHRIST Our Victory, Revelation 1:4-7, focusing on verses 5b-6. (November 5, 2017)
- THE IMMUTABLE CRUCIFIED AND RISEN GOD, Revelation 2:8-11, focusing on verse 8. (November 12, 2017)
- THE LAMB SLAIN before the Foundation of the World, Revelation 5:1-6, (November 26, 2017)
- SEEKING AND SETTING THE MIND ON CHRIST Wholly and Without Reservation, Colossians 3:1-2 (December 3, 2017)
- LOOKING UNTO JESUS, The Author and Finisher of Our Faith, Hebrews 12:1-4 (December 10, 2017)
THE LORD’S VOICE CRIES IN THE CITY, 8 Part Sermon Series
- The Supremacy of God in Redemptive Preaching, Isaiah 52:1-7, (July 30, 2017)
- The Voice of the Lord Cries in the City, Micah 6:9 (August 13, 2017)
- A Pastor According to God’s Heart is a Demonstration of God’s Promised Mercy, Jeremiah 2:8-9, 3:6-15, (August 20, 2017).
- Christians Ought to Diligently Esteem God’s Read and Preached Word for Spiritual Profit, Nehemiah 8:1-8 (August 27, 2017).
- The Minister’s Preparedness to Deliver God’s Will to Guide the Church, Ezra 7:1-10 and Acts 8:26-35 (September 10, 2017)
- Preaching, Hearing and Receiving the Light of Christ and His Gospel, Acts 26:1-3 (October 1, 2017)
- Seeking the Word in the Mouth of Preacher, Malachi 2:1-9 (October 8, 2017)
- Holding Fast the Pattern of Sound Words with the Hands of Faith and Love, 2 Timothy 1:13 (October 15, 2017).
I was on Iron Sharpens Iron with host Chris Arnzen on the following topics:
The Puritans as Precisionists (2 Hours).
The Puritans and Godly Meditation (2 Hours).
Explaining the book The Worthy Churchman or Faithful Minister of Jesus Christ by puritan John Jackson (2 Hours)
The Lord’s Voice Cries to the City from Micah 6:9, Hearing the Word of God Preached – C. Matthew McMahon (2 Hours)