John Maitland (n.d.)A Member of the Westminster Assembly.
Today, many Christians are turning back to the puritans to, “walk in the old paths,” of God’s word, and to continue to proclaim old truth that glorifies Jesus Christ. There is no new theology. In our electronic age, more and more people are looking to add electronic books (ePubs, mobi and PDF formats) to their library – books from the Reformers and Puritans – in order to become a “digital puritan” themselves. Take a moment to visit Puritan Publications (click the banner below) to find the biggest selection of rare puritan works updated in modern English in both print form and in multiple electronic forms. There are new books published every month. All proceeds go to support A Puritan’s Mind.
- An addition to Swinton’s case, in relation to his father’s pretended forfeiture, upon occasion of the answer to it published by the Earl of Lauderdale (1690) by John Maitland
- Articles and rules for the better government of his Majesties forces in Scotland (1675) by John Maitland
- Bibliotheca selectissima diversum librorum, viz. theologicorum, philologicorum, historicum, mathemat. &c … quorum auctio habebitur Londini, in aedibus nigri cygus ex adyerfo australis porticus ecclesiae cathed. paulin in caemiterin D. Paul, 18 die April, 1687 / per Edvardum Millingtonum … (1687) by John Maitland
- The speech of His Grace, the Duke of Lauderdale, His Majesties High-Commissioner from the kingdom of Scotland, to the Parliament there, the twelfth of November, 1673 (1673) by John Maitland
- The speech of His Grace, the Earle of Lauderdale, His Majesties High-commissioner for the Parliament of Scotland delivered in Parliament the nineteenth day of October, 1669 (1669) by John Maitland
Biography of John Maitland:
Little information is known about him.