Thomas Cobbett (1608-1686) - A Prolific Puritan with a Heart for PrayerA student of Dr. Twisse and a powerful Reformed Preacher
Today, many Christians are turning back to the puritans to, “walk in the old paths,” of God’s word, and to continue to proclaim old truth that glorifies Jesus Christ. There is no new theology. In our electronic age, more and more people are looking to add electronic books (ePubs, mobi and PDF formats) to their library – books from the Reformers and Puritans – in order to become a “digital puritan” themselves. Take a moment to visit Puritan Publications (click the banner below) to find the biggest selection of rare puritan works updated in modern English in both print form and in multiple electronic forms. There are new books published every month. All proceeds go to support A Puritan’s Mind.
“Prayer is called a lifting up of the soul and of the heart.” Thomas Cobbet
Biography of Thomas Cobbet:
1. A Vindication of the Covenant of Children of Church Members, 1643.
2. A Vindication of Children’s Church membership and Right to Baptism, 1645.
3. The Civil Magistrate’s Power in Matters of Religion, 1653.
4. A Discourse on Prayer, 1657.
5. The Honour due from Children to their Parents.